Digital Marketing is essential to generating new leads. These leads will become future customers and clients. In this ever-changing market, it’s hard to establish which lead generation ideas are successful and which are following an ineffective trend.
Here are our top 3 Lead Generation Ideas (with examples) for digital marketers:
Optimize Your Landing Page
- Create a product video. Consider the fact that 65% of internet users are visual learners. If you take the time to explain your product in videos, you can increase your lead generation by 33%. Making product videos are simple and easy.
- Never mention Spam! Run several A/B tests to make sure, but a majority of tests have proven that having the word “spam” in any content related to your landing page can have the opposite effect. In some cases, it makes the potential customer wonder why you have to have that disclaimer in the first place.
- Ensure that your call to action is visible and clear. Do a squint test on your landing page. Is your eye automatically drawn toward the call to action button?
- Get rid of distractions. Every landing page should have one CTA. There should be no menus, no links to other content, only one choice.
Content marketing is essential for lead conversion. One of the most effective ways to generate leads involves creating a mailing list. Studies have shown that if you offer up quality, effective content in exchange for an email address, you can increase your lead generation exponentially. Here are a few ways you can do that:
- Use gated videos by adding an email opt-in form. This allows your users to continue watching your videos without sacrificing anything other than an email address.
- Printables are an excellent way to utilize lead conversion. If you offer up full PDFs that are unique to each of your posts, you may be surprised at how quickly new subscribers will roll in. You can automate this through your newsletter service such as Mail Chimp or website-specific design options such as Thrive Themes.
- Provide PDF options for article downloads, and you will see an increase in conversions.
- Also consider creating an audio version of your articles for download. This will enable commuters, busy business associates, weekend entrepreneurs, and potential customers and clients to listen to your content while on-the-go.
- Be consistent in blogging, and create targeted CTAs for each blog post.
- Determine which posts continue to draw traffic, and update the most popular with CTAs relatives to your lead generation requirements. Please note: do not create a new post. You can change the content, making sure you mention that it’s been updated/edited, but do not destroy your current trends by making alterations to the URL.
Use Social Media
- Did you know that Facebook now allows you to create a lead generation ad? The current conversion is spectacular, and must be done from a Facebook page. You can tailor the Facebook ad to your ideal audience.
- Consider using LinkedIn as a post aggregator for tailored business-related calls to action. The LinkedIn audience is there for a single purpose, so make sure you have a strong offer and a solid landing page to follow through and capture any leads.
- Take advantage of the current trend in video options for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. Create effective content that relates to your brand. All content must have a clear call to action, both in the video and in the corresponding post. The video doesn’t have to be a long process. As a matter of fact, videos 1.5 minutes or less have been proven to be the most effective in terms of lead generation. Keep in mind, that this isn’t a full product video like you would have on your website. Instead, consider it an appetizer. If your content cannot be reduced to 1.5 minutes or less, don’t go higher than 15 minutes as a majority of social media users rely on mobile devices to view videos.
By optimizing your landing page, creating effective content marketing, and using social media to your advantage, you will be well on your way to generating effective leads for your business.