5 Ways To Ruin Your Email Marketing Campaign
opens IMAGE file Email marketing is by far, the best tool in your digital toolbox. However, just because we can all hit “reply” or “forward” that doesn’t mean that we all will be successful with email marketing. Email marketing is both a science and an art, and we’ve seen many a science experiment in email marketing gone way wrong. Don’t worry…we’ve pulled together the top ways we’ve seen email marketing campaigns ruined.
- No Call To Action. You want to do marketing, but you don’t really know WHAT you are marketing. That can be a BIG problem. That’s why the best email marketing campaigns run off of clear calls to action and clear offers. When you know what you want the reader to do, you will have a clear behavior pattern. However, you can’t be the only person who knows what that call to action is; you need to make sure that it is crystal clear what you want the viewer to do as well.
- Bad Subject Lines. The subject line is arguably the most important part of the email. That is the make or break point where a email user decides if the email is worth their time to even open. Make sure you focus your subject lines to be informative, concise, and interesting. You want to make viewers feel like they are missing out on something by not opening the email!
- Run One Email Campaign. We know it. You know it (deep down). But, for some reason, we see marketers running only one email in their advertising campaign. You can’t have an effective email advertising campaign with only one send! You have to send multiple emails, and even incorporate other advertising options. Consumers rarely make a decision to buy on the first interaction with a brand. That’s why you must design a campaign that focuses on multiple email sends.
- Bad Graphics. We have an amazing team of graphic designers who create stunning artwork and html to make your email shine. We also allow our clients to provide artwork themselves, and that is usually where we see the failure. Many people don’t take the time to have properly branded creatives made for their campaign. Graphics that are cluttered, hard to read, clashing colors, and sloppy will turn off customers immediately. Take the time to have a professional create a winning design for you so that you email marketing campaign has a chance to succeed.
- Bad Data. Data is key in today’s digital marketing arena, and you need to be smart with how you use it. A properly-defined list will focus your audience to the people who are most likely to actually be interested in your message. We see marketers make the mistake of staying too broad with their target audience, when they could refine it much more. At Data-Dynamix, we have a whole team dedicated to helping you define and focus on your target audience so that you can have a killer email campaign.
Email marketing can be incredibly effective for your business, but it can also be a waste of money if you don’t approach it in the right way. At Data-Dynamix, our goal is to help you succeed with email marketing and other digital advertising solutions, so that you stop wasting money on marketing that simply doesn’t work!